Ladies, did you know that the most common injuries involving cosmetics are jabs to the eye with a mascara wand? These injuries can become even more common if you’re someone who applies your makeup on the go. Possible injuries include:
- A scratched cornea (the cornea is the clear covering over the iris, which is the colored part of the eye)
- Conjunctivitis (also known as pink eye)
- Allergic reaction (swollen eyelids and red eyes)
There’s no reason why you should compromise your eye health while applying your makeup! Keep these tips in mind the next time you’re getting dolled up:
- Don’t apply makeup while moving, as you’ll be more likely to have an injury
- Never share your makeup (avoid spreading bacteria)
- Sharpen your eyeliner (sharpening makes it more precise and you will avoid painful scratches!)
- Replace your makeup every three months
- Remove all of your makeup at the end of the day. Just the tiniest bit of makeup in your eye can cause an infection. Do yourself a favour and wash it all off before you sleep!
Remember, you only have one set of eyes! Take all the necessary precautions to make sure they’re safe and healthy!